Saturday, January 28, 2006

Coldplay.

Just got back from the coldplay concert. Which was just awesome. Every song that they did was fantastic live. In fact this performance is probably my second favorite concert of all time. Some highlights included The cover of Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. Which surprisingly worked. Of all the songs they could have Covered Cash never even occurred to me.
Coldplay seem like genuinely nice guys. And Chris Martin seems like a class act. According to Martin a good majority of the band had food poising the night before the show, now I am no doctor, but food poisoning is never fun. Yet, to go through a second show when you're not at 100% and still pull of an amazing performance speaks volumes (at least to me).
However this brings me to apoint. I am tired of defending this band. I love coldplay, I will always continue to support them, but im sick and tired of people taking shots at them just cause they're an easy target. I don't know why the third album was received with such bitterness and resentfulness. The songs are great, and even better live. As I've said im tired of defending this band and other bands like them against posers, hipsters and metal heads alike. If you don't like their music for a genuine reason, fine. It still doesn't mean I have to listen to you. People mock what they just don't understand. And so im throwing in the towel, im tired of listening to you people who wont give this band a chance. On a totally unrelated note same goes for comics. I like what I like, doesn't mean you have to.
Sorry back to the actual post. I got a little pissed off and rambly there. Anyway the concert itself was great, and im glad I got to hear politik. Fiona Apple was good also, and I'll probably look in to her album, reminded me of a little bit of Joplin but from what I heard it was really bluesy stuff. Id say its safe to say that the real highlights of the night were yellow, clocks and the scientist. All in all chris martin puts on a great live show and im really glad that I finally got to see them live. I'll probably go again if I ever get the chance. Anyway that's bout it. I'll say more later maybe, might even post shitty shitty cellphone pics. But probably not, cause you'll just make fun.

Current Comic: Batman: A Long Halloween-Loeb
Current Music: Coldplay-Yellow.

5 Comments:

Blogger Caity said...

i agree on the being tired of defending them front! i don't understand what's not to like about them. coldplay rocks my socks and seeing them live only made me like them more.
thank you again for being directly responsible (in more than one way) for my chance to see them!

1:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Dunning would appreciate it if you could post a comment saying "Thanks for the greatest night of my life, Mike", which he could then quote whenever he felt it appropriate.

3:49 PM

 
Blogger Dun-Dun said...

alright. does anyone know how to turn off Anonymous comments, so i dont have to deal with the stupid.

4:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That'd be a sweet endorsement for Dunning's mattress business.

--VG

4:11 PM

 
Blogger aShelteredTown said...

Coldplay is gay. Wanna fight about it?

Fiona Apple on the other hand. (l)

11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home