Sunday, February 04, 2007

Things of that nature...

Well, here we all are. God what a horrible starting sentence. Anyway there is much to discuss. Well not really. Things have been moving...I don't want to say the right direction, but a direction nonetheless. This week was my first student teaching experience. Usually when I'm forced into new situations, as many of you can attest, I write them off with utter contempt for no apparent reason. Its what i do. However, I'm glad to say I actually really enjoyed this. It wasn't what I was expecting.
For starters usually when I'm forced to be in front of a room, expressing myself and some viewpoints. Well it doesn't go well. Anyone who have seen my public speeches in high school can confirm that. Yet this was different. Maybe its the fact that it was little kids. Maybe it was the whole "Mr. Dunning" thing. Maybe it was the fact that I got a round of applause after an introduction. Whatever the case I didn't make an ass out of myself. In fact, i like to think i did well. Not perfect, but good enough by my standards. So at least now I can start to get a feel for this teaching thing, with the knowledge that I can actually do this.
In other news. Probably less shocking. If shocking is the right term. I've started my quest for another job. So far it hasn't been bad. Yet produced nothing. Its still too early to tell though, but we'll see how it goes.
Now on to other filler. I've picked up a bunch of graphic novels this week, probably review a few after i get a chance to read em. I'll probably post some comic recommendations in the next week on here. Which will fall on deaf ear. Really digging the new modest mouse single. Really hating the new fallout boy. Interested in seeing Hannibal Rising if its not a gore flick. Going to see Tenacious D with div. "Indy" will win the Superbowl. Chitown will loose. Whedon is off Wonder Woman and so is all my interest in that movie. Anyway that be all. Keep on trucking?

Current Comic: Strangers in Paradise-Terry Moore
Current Music: Modest Mouse-Dashboard

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home