Thursday, March 16, 2006

Shakespeare.

Okay. So seeing as how none (or very few) of my friends actually like (or read)Shakespeare I don't know why Im even bothering to talk about this. But today in my Late Shakespeare course we watched a movie called Scotland PA. It's loosely based on Shakespeare's Macbeth. The movie had a pretty decent cast. Christopher Walken being probably the most notable name. It also had the chick from News Radio and Andy Dick. Andy Dick was tolerable for a change. Probably because he had such a minor role. The rest of the cast comprised of recognizable faces, but I couldn't recall what I had seen them in. The soundtrack also comprised of a lot of Bad Company songs. It was actually a really good soundtrack. I should mention of course that this depiction is set in the 70's.
So. What's the point of all this rambling? Well Im not too sure. The movie was good, I'd give it at least a thumb up (maybe one and a half). It was one of the better modern day depictions of Shakespeares work. Unlike say My own Private Idaho staring Keanue Reeves. Which is based on Shakespeares Henry IV.
So yeah. If you're looking for Shakespeare stuff, but don't actually want to read it or listen to it. You should go see Scotland PA. I think I'll end this post by listing my favorite Shakespeare tragedies thus far. This may take awhile....

1. Hamlet 2. Titus Andronicus 3. Macbeth 4. King Lear 5. Coriolanus 6. Antony and Cleopatra 7. Othello 8. Romeo and Juliet 9. Julius Caesar

That was actually easier than I thought. Later...

Current Comic: Ultimate Fantastic Four-Millar
Current Music: Bad Company-Cant Get Enough (of your love)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dickolas Wang said...

I still think of Andy Dick as that guy from Newsradio.

4:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home