Friday, May 26, 2006

So Dark the Con of Hollywood.

Okay. So I got back from seeing the Da Vinci Code. I'll give it a seven if you really care to know what I think. I read the book before hand and I liked it. I thought the subject matter was fascinating. If not a little far fetched.
As a english major it never ceases to amaze me how much mythology I am forced to take in. It also never ceases to amaze how much a book can be over hyped. I enjoy mythology as much as the next guy. Probably more so. And being raised catholic I have a grasp on some religion. However there in lies my problem.
I am trying to tackle this without pissing too many people off. I fear however I am doing a bad job of it. Let me just say this.
I can see how people can be offended by the Da Vinci Code. But lets face facts. Its just fiction. This stuff didn't actually happen. Those aren't real people. And I am taking an educated guess that most Bishops don't act like that.
All Dan Brown really did was create a story. A thriller for us to enjoy. I am pretty sure he didn't intend it to have the effect it has had on people. Really I blame the hollywood hype machine for that. I also don't think you should ban this film. Not to sound preachy but people should be able to make up their own minds about what's offensive and what's not.
To me all the Da Vinci Code is, is a good story. An alright movie with some good acting. That could have used a slightly quicker pace. And maybe an explosion or two. Tune in tomorrow when I write an even more incoherent "fan boy" review of X-3. Man I am such a nerd.

Current Comic: Superman tpb
Current Music: Busta Rhymes-Touch It (remix)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home