Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Hand Model

So. Went to lougheed today to do some x-mas shopping. Didn't buy nothing. Going to tomorrow. Also ran into a R'sider at Lougheed so that was kinda cool.
Today I learned that going to the mall during this time of year, can become a great sociological experiment. It's true. There are a lot of strange people who don't seem to have grasped the holiday spirit. A few looked like they were about to crack under the last minute pressure. Then, there are just the bizarre people.
Take for instance my encounter with this one woman. I was minding my own business walking through the bay, when I passed this display of gloves some woman was looking at. Just as I pass this said display, she yells excuse me, I turn around and she then proceeds to ask me to try these gloves on.
I would have loved to seen my expression on my face when she announced to me that she was having a tough time trying to figure out if these gloves would be good for a thirteen year old boy. I wanted to really explain to the woman that a)I was 24 or close to it and B)I WAS FREAKING 24.
I cant decide what was worse. Trying to hold in the laughter as I slipped into some gortex gloves that were a little tight. Or B) dying a little inside as I slipped into some gortex gloves. Either way it was a comically strange day.
On a side note to this whole bizarre story, that sounded a lot funnier ten minutes ago when I decided to share it. I've come to terms with the fact that I look 12, I still don't need to be reminded of it.
On a totally unrelated note, my best of music will or should be up sometime tomorrow or Friday night. So look forward to that.

Current Music: Antony and the Johnsons-Fistful of love
Current Comic: Punisher-Ennis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home