Wednesday, May 03, 2006

MI3


Do any of you wanna actually see this movie? I mean, I kinda do (only cause of Hoffman). Honestly though I don't see the big draws to mission impossible movies. Infact I cant remember most of MI2 or one for that matter.
Then you add on the Tom Cruise factor. Why do people like him so much? I don't mind him. But I also don't think he's that good. Infact I think he's kinda over rated. Scientology and other weirdness aside. Is he still that big of a deal?
Im trying to remember a single Cruise movie I've seen that I actually liked. Top Gun has the nostalgic factor. But I wouldn't exactly call it good. Then there's Days of Thunder. Again mediocre, I mean its a movie about nascar racing. Then there's also Cocktail, which I regret even watching. I guess a Few Good Men was pretty good, but more because of Nicholson. I also liked Interview with a vampire, but then I like Ann Rice novels (and had read it before I saw it) and its vampires. You can never go wrong with vampires.
Even more recently his movies have just been okay. Minority Report had its moments, as did vanilla sky. Last samurai was disappointing, I thought at least.
I haven't seen war of the worlds yet and people tell me collateral is good. But honestly I just don't see Tom Cruise as that good of an actor. Maybe I'm wrong and my thoughts have been clouded by Scientology and Katie Holmes marriages but I just don't get it. Can someone explain it to me.

Current Music: Berlin-Take My Breath Away
Current Comic: Astonishing X-Men-Whedon

11 Comments:

Blogger MR said...

Two movies to see
Rain Man and Collateral. You still havent seen it yet?

6:57 AM

 
Blogger Dun-Dun said...

I've Seen Rain Man. That was okay. And collateral I havent seen yet. Though I already know the ending. I guess watching Tom Cruise Movies just aren't high on my to do list.

1:05 PM

 
Blogger ___________ said...

Minority Report = very good
Eyes Wide Shut = very good
Magnolia = very good
Born on the Fourth of July = very good
Rain Man = very good
Collateral = good
Jerry Maguire = good
Mission: Impossible = good
Vanilla Sky = pretty good


I think he's a twit for buying into Scientology so seriously, but the man's made some good movies.

8:11 PM

 
Blogger ___________ said...

By the way, to answer the first question you posed, if there are plans to see a movie this weekend, I'd much rather see United 93 than Mission: Impossible III.

8:13 PM

 
Blogger ___________ said...

And by "much rather," I mean "much, much rather."

11:39 PM

 
Blogger Dun-Dun said...

why the hell do you wanna see united 93? Or was that just sarcasm? Cause I seriously dont want to see that movie. AT ALL.

12:28 AM

 
Blogger ___________ said...

I want to see it because:

a) it's apparently a very well made and powerful recreation of what happened that day

b) I'm interested in the subject matter

c) from all reports, it eschews American jingoism for a gritty documentary feel and neutral tone.

d) every critic whose opinion I trust has given it a perfect score


Is that enough?

1:01 PM

 
Blogger Dun-Dun said...

Nope. Still havent sold me. I can understand you being interested in the subject matter, but to be honest I am so sick of 9-11 esq movies. And american politics. Not to mention isnt a little disrespectful to the people involved in that day to go and make a hollywood movie about it? And finally the only movie I want to see which plot revolves around a plane. Is SNAKES ON A PLANE. I have more reasons but this post is too long.

5:24 PM

 
Blogger ___________ said...

I wasn't trying to sell you on the idea, I was just explaining why I plan to see it.

Regardless of all this, though, the point remains: I don't want to see Mission Impossible III.

10:31 PM

 
Blogger Dun-Dun said...

Yes people, I realize the stupidity of saying "9-11 esq" when the movie directly involves 9-11. Shutup!

12:32 AM

 
Blogger ___________ said...

"9/11, Esq."


Classiest date ever.

1:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home