Sunday, March 23, 2008

These are the hangover days.

Went to see the Jason Collett concert with rich tonight. Thanks again rich. But yeah on to what i thought of the show. For those that care. I guess I'll start with the bad. There's not much i can nit pick at other than the fact that it was too damn short. I dont care that people wanna dance. People can dance to freaking Collett! Well apparently thats not actually the case.
Anyway I kinda look at this now as a warm up to whether or not I would actually go to a Blue Rodeo concert. Collett and Jim Cuddy have very similar styles. Its really laid back pop rock. But with great songs such as We all loose one another, Fire and Hangover days you really cant go wrong. Then again you cant really go wrong with Lost together either.
I dont really know why i enjoyed this concert so much. But i did. It would have been nice had i caught more than two songs of the opening act. But thats my own fuck up really. Ah well I paid for Collett and in Collett i got a great entertaining show. Well worth the low low low price of admission.
The venue isnt to bad either. Considering it was really a nightclub venue. The plaza had a really good set up. Good stage area. But not the greatest sound system. But then again these days you get what you pay for.
Anyway Collett was great. The next venture i have to look forward to is Springsteen but i think the inner hipster in me is looking forward to Metric a tad more. Both are going to be good times. Anyway im out.

Current Comic: Same as always
Current Music: Jason Collett-hangover days
Current Hate: Dirty hippie drum circles
Current goal: Sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home