Wednesday, June 06, 2007

cast ye stones not at me.

For a long time now I have been a Nintendo fanboy. Hell I've even been known to wear a Nintendo shirt on occasion (cause Im a nerd). However lately I've felt left out of the gaming circle, and craving a next gen console. For awhile there, it was going to be the Wii. It really was.
On the one hand I still really like Nintendo. Yet, today I broke down and bought a Xbox 360 (premium edition). Yes that's right, the basement has a new edition! The reasons I finally decided to go through with the purchase was the following:

1. Nintendo may be fun but i am SICK of party systems
2. Microsoft needs more money
3. GUITAR HERO 2!!!
4. Nintendo wont stop rehashing the same game over and over again. As much as i love Zelda, i don't love it that much.
5. It was two hundred dollars below cost.
6. PS3's are way to damn expensive (though i came close today to buying one for 700) its just too much to ask.
7. first person shooters and button mashing is fun.
8. Mario Sunshine. I mean really what the hell!?

These reasons may or may not be valid. But before you go off ranting and raving about how I'm a sellout, know this. I made an informed decision before buying it. And frankly I don't care.

On a couple of separate issues: This Saturday will be xbox 360 day. All are welcome. I promise chips and salsa and booze. Nothing more.
Two: I love my new job. I cant really believe i get paid to do this. Its awesome. But I'll say no more about it.
Three: I'm going to be updating less here. Mainly cause of a)work and b)I'm out of rants. Well maybe that's not true but I'm going to turn this slowly into just reviews and stuff. Maybe eventually I may even do a podcast.....but I've been promising that for years and not delivering. So dont hold your breathe. Or do. Its a free country.

Current Comic: Silver Surfer: Requiem-JMS
Current Music: The Killers-Bones
Current Next Review: Runaways-Brian K Vaughn

4 Comments:

Blogger Dickolas Wang said...

If you buy Halo 3, I'll bring the Mountain Dew.

1:19 AM

 
Blogger Dickolas Wang said...

Also how the hell did you get it for $200 under cost?! Is this a perk of the job?

1:23 AM

 
Blogger Dun-Dun said...

Yup. Got it through work. Halo 3 will be mine. Oh yes it will be mine.

1:25 AM

 
Blogger Dickolas Wang said...

Saving $200 on a 360 is huge

2:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home