Saturday, June 30, 2007

Music recommendations

Okay. So as I wait for my iPod to sync up all the classic rock I've just uploaded to it, I thought I would recommend you all some albums that I've been listening to. You may or may not all be listening to these as well. If you are Im sorry I've wasted your time. If you aren't. Check them out.

1. Wilco-Sky Blue Sky

I have never really been an alt country fan. In fact I've never really been a 'true' Wilco fan. I never bought into the hype of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. Or Jeff Tweedy. That's not to say I never liked some of there songs or albums. I just didn't like it as much as some people I know. However when i came across Sky Blue Sky. I thought to myself what the hell. I took a chance and I gotta say I'm slowly beginning to buy into the hype a little. The first two songs didn't really grab me at first. Yet when Impossible Germany (the third track) hit my ears, well something just clicked. The entire album is outstanding even until the final track On and On. I've been hooked ever since that first listen. I've even gone back and listen to all the past albums and yes even A.M. I guess I'm slowly buying into Wilco. You should to.

2. Tokyo Police Club-A Lesson in Crime

Dancey, Poppy and all around Catchy. This Ontario based indie band has made a big impact. Well at least on my iPod. I swear I could have Citizens of tomorrow on constant loop and never get sick of it. Its the best futuristic robot conspiracy song out there today. Probably the only one. Regardless Tokyo Police Club makes upbeat music with well crafted lyrics. check them out.

3. We are Scientists-With love and Squalor

I was a little unsure I'd actually like this band. I don't even know why I decided to check this out (considering its a couple years old now). However I was pleasantly surprised. In fact I actually recognised a couple songs (although from where i don't know). Songs like Nobody Move, Nobody gets hurt draws you right into the album. Other key songs like Inaction, Cash Cow and Lousy Reputation keep the beat and keep you entertained. If anything this is a consistent album. For some reason I can relate to it. Minus the booze, drugs and relationship problems.


4. Arctic Monkeys-Your favourite worst nightmare

Okay. So I'm going to steal a line from one of the tracks in this album that best describes it. "D is for delightful and try and keep your trousers on!" The Arctic Monkeys put forth one of the best cds of the year so far. I don't really know how much hype they receive back over the pond, but I'm going to assume they're huge. They should be here as well. Unfortunately the latters not the case. The Arctic Monkeys make heavy dance rock fun again. Not that that ever wasn't the case. In any case if you don't pick this kick ass album up, well there really isn't a whole lot i can do about that. But if you do. You have made a wise choice my friend.

5. Bloc Party-A Weekend in the City

Im still on the Bloc Party kick. It was a tough decision of who should get the fifth and final spot on my list of recommendation. I've been listening to A LOT of music lately but this is probably my most played. From the get go I was blown away by this band. I usually like british bands for some reason, and this was no exception to that weird quirk of mine. Tracks like I still Remember and Waiting for the 7:18 are outstanding. I really couldnt say much more about this album other than its impressive from start to finish. Ya'll should pick it up.

Close Seconds:
Lilly Allen-Alright, Still
Decemberists-The Wife Crane
Feist-The Reminder
LCD Soundsystem-Sound of Silver

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home