Thursday, July 05, 2007

Transformers

I will never say another bad thing about Michael Bay. Or at least I'll try very hard not to. Without giving to much away Transformers was everything that it should have been and more. Was it perfect? No. I have (like so many fans) my own personal grudges with minor changes or exclusions.
For instance when Megan Fox states "You shoot, I'll drive" Michael Bay should have had The touch begin to blare in the background. Had that happened I think i would have "geeked out" even more so.
I've never been this emotionally invested in a movie. Well not since Serenity. And these are two very different movies. Every time Optimus Prime came on screen I had literal Goosebumps and my heart swelled. I was five years old again, and with prime every step of the way battling the evil megatron.
I read a lot of reviews and heard some hype goin into this movie, so I had some expectations. Granted there were some corny dialogue. But overall the acting in this was good. I mean its giant alien robots beating the shit out of each other. So I think we can let that slide.
I really defy anyone to go into this and not come out with a smile on your face. You will enjoy this movie. Transformers fan or not. This was simply good. I haven't had this much fun in a theatre in a really long time. I walked out with a permanent smile on my face that's still there.
Optimus Prime continues to be a role model to young and old. And in the end that’s more than I could ever ask for.

current music: Stan Bush-The Touch
Current comic: Runaways Vol 3-Brain K Vaughn

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant to ask if you saw this yet. It looks pretty good and I have never seen an episode of the old show. Glad you enjoyed it so much, especially since F4 was such a disappointment.

12:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home